Magnolias in Bloom

Dress- Urban Outfitters '09
Boots- Steve Madden
The magnolia tree in front of my house is stunning this time of year. It usually blooms later in April, but the weather has been slightly warmer than usual, for the most part. I love how the color of the blooms just pop against the dark green hedges. This past Saturday, I had a bachelorette party to attend (my first ever!). My friends Brian and Kristin will be getting married this weekend, and I can't wait for the wedding! My boyfriend, Michael, will be standing up in the wedding. It's going to be held at a garden, and from what I hear it's a gorgeous, magical place...I can't wait. Back to this past weekend, I decided that the warm sunny weather called for a dress. This dress made its first appearance at another wedding, Mike's best friend Kevin's wedding in August, and I've been dying to wear it casually with these boots ever since. I wanted to keep it simple so I went without any jewelry. I'm really glad that it was still mild at night, otherwise I would have been freezing! I did bring a sweater though, my mother taught me well.
I love all the pretty details in this dress, it really doesn't need jewelry! It's hard to tell from the top picture, but it has alot of hand-drawn looking tree branches and splashes of pink and white leaves. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the back, it has a lot more of the little details.

0 comments:

Post a Comment