The Essentials: Skin- All Over

The Essentials.
These are the tried and true, the all-stars in my daily beauty regimen. I'll be posting all of my essentials in different categories - skin, hair, makeup, etc. as a regular feature on this blog. I'm not an expert in these areas by any means, I just like to consider myself an avid beauty product fan (I spend a lot of time at Ulta & Sephora). 

Let's start with the skin, since it is our largest organ and a very important one at that.


Nature's Bounty Healthy Hair, Skin, & Nails Supplements - I have been taking these for about a year now & I've noticed a definite difference in the strength of my hair and nails. I'm in the process of growing out my hair, and I swear it's growing twice as fast after taking these supplements daily. They contain biotin, which helps hair grow, as well as a variety of essential vitamins & nutrients for metabolism and cell repair. I buy them in bulk at Costco, but you can find them at Walgreens or CVS as well. 

Hempz Herbal Body Moisturizer (Original & Pomegranate) - Hands down the best moisturizer I've ever used. This doesn't irritate my sensitive skin (I can even apply it right after shaving!) and it keeps my skin moisturized all day. I recently tried the pomegranate and love it, but the original scent is great, too. It reminds me of a tropical vacation. Plus, it's paraben free, gluten free, and 100% vegan.

Water with Lemon - This is a no-brainer for me. Staying well hydrated is essential to our bodies, both inside and outside. Our skin needs moisture in order to stay smooth, supple, and healthy. The additional benefits of adding lemon to your water are endless (Lauren Conrad talks about a few of them on her blog ). You're supposed to drink half of your body weight in ounces per day to stay properly hydrated, so start sipping!

Coconut Oil - This is another item I buy in bulk at Costco. I use coconut oil for almost everything - cooking, baking, eye makeup remover, hair mask, face & body moisturizer... I can't get enough of it. I mix some up with raw sugar or coffee grounds to make a great  exfoliator scrub. I've saved so much money by using coconut oil in place of makeup remover, heavy face creams, hair deep conditioning treatments, and body scrubs. Seriously, you have to try this stuff. It's going to change your life.

Apple Cider Vinegar - This might sound disgusting, but hear me out - drinking apple cider vinegar is so good for you! I mix a tablespoon of it with unfiltered, organic apple juice and water, add a dash of cinnamon & cayenne pepper, and drink it every morning. It helps with digestion and balancing the body's pH, which indirectly effects our skin. Toxins can build up in our bodies, resulting in breakouts. This helps rid our bodies of those toxins! I also use it to rinse product build-up from my hair and in face masks. It's another natural product that I swear by. Just make sure you buy an unfiltered kind like the one pictured, which you can usually find at most grocery stores. Trader Joe's has a good one, too.

Let me know if you try any of these, I'm curious to hear if they work for you! I would love to hear what your go-to products are too, so please feel free to share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment